Thomas M. McKee Building Policies and Procedures Agreement
The Ranch, Larimer County Fairgrounds & Events Center
The Thomas M. McKee Building was built with the intention of being a self-sufficient community building.
- Due to the high demand for bookings in the Thomas M. McKee building, each qualified community/ non-profit user group is allotted two (2) complementary Meeting Rooms and one (1) reduced Exhibition Hall booking per month. All additional bookings are charged the full commercial or standard rate.
- Non-profit/community user groups can only book six (6) months in advance from date of inquiry (event date).
- You must complete the Thomas M. McKee Building Rental Request Form to request a date & facility. The Ranch's Scheduling Coordinator will determine availability and a response to your request will be sent within 10 days of receiving this form. **Please note that completing and submitting this request does not guarantee a reservation. All events must be confirmed/contracted through The Ranch.
- PLEASE NOTE: You will have access to the building when your RESERVED time begins. The building will unlock when your RESERVED time begins. (The main glass front doors unlock/lock via automatic timer)
Please enter the facility through the main South facing glass doors.
- Exhibition Hall:
- All equipment for the exhibition halls is located in the storage room. There are 90 heavy duty 8’ tables, 20 lightweight 8’ tables, 300 metal chairs. There is (1) 14’x 14’ permanent projector screen on the Southwest wall. All equipment is first- come first- serve for the users of the building.
- Upon completion of your event all equipment that was taken out of the storage room must be returned and organized in a neat and orderly way. This includes having all the tables and chairs on their respective racks within the room.
- The Contractor shall, at its sole expense, provide general liability insurance covering all of its activities and the activities of its agents, subcontractors and invitees hereunder in the following minimum amounts: for injury to any single person in any single occurrence, $1,000,000.00; for injury to two or more persons in any single occurrence, $1,000,000.00. The County shall be named as additional insured. The Contractor shall provide to the County a certificate of insurance evidencing that adequate insurance has been provided no later than 14 days prior to commencement of Contractors use of facility.
- If your event requires moving the divider walls, specific rental items (stage, PA, etc.), or catering you must list your needs on the Thomas M. McKee Building Rental Request Form. Special requests will not available less than two weeks from the first day of the event. There will be a cost for the labor, as well as the rental costs for these needs.
- Meeting Rooms:
- Each room comes equipped with 7’ rectangular tables, chairs, wall mounted white board and projector screen
- You may set the room any way you would like with the provided equipment
- Additional tables and chairs are located in the storage closet in the hallway. If you need extras- these are available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Upon the completion of your event, the room must be reset according to the diagram posted in the room.
- If your meeting requires moving the divider walls, specific rental items (stage, PA, etc.), or catering you must list your needs on the Thomas M. McKee Building Rental Request Form. Special requests will not available less than two weeks from the first day of the event. There will be a cost for the labor, as well as the rental costs for these needs.
- Masonville Kitchen:
- ONLY coolers, sack lunches, home made/ potlucks are allowed. The Masonville Kitchen is designed to be a preparation and serving area only. NO cooking, frying, baking, etc, of food is permitted in the facility per Larimer County Health code standards.
- Upon receiving confirmation of the availability for your event, the Kitchen Key must be picked up and returned at The Ranch office during business hours: Monday – Friday 9 am – 4:30 pm. The Kitchen will not be accessible unless you have picked up the Key 1 week prior to the event date.
- Food & Beverages:
- Community /non profit groups of 50 or less are allowed ONLY sack lunches, home made/ potlucks; food brought in from restaurants is not allowed. NO OUTSIDE catering can be brought in to the facility or outside food sold in the facility- even if it has been donated.
- If your event is not listed on the schedule in the Thomas M. McKee entrance way, you do not have an event scheduled.
- You must use the room that is listed on your confirmation/contract. You MAY NOT switch rooms.
- No smoking within 20 feet of building.
- It is illegal to bring outside alcoholic beverages onto the Larimer County Events Complex, including the Thomas M. McKee Building - Colorado Statue Regulation 12-47-901(1)(h)(I).
- No pets inside buildings (unless licensed service animal, or for a specific animal related event).
- Pets must be on leash at all times outside and please clean up after them.
- No loading or unloading through glass doors.
- Please protect our floors, walls, and doors - No duct tape or scotch tape!
- Please use only Gaff or painter’s tape. Gaff tape can be purchased at The Ranch for $30 per roll.
- ALL CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES.
- All parking for the building is in the 4-H parking lot (Lot H) and is first- come first- serve - parking lots are not exclusive to one event.
- No tents or umbrellas allowed (blocks sprinklers in case of fire).
- Do not block any exit doors or prop any doors open.
- Any flammable decorations must be sprayed with a fire retardant.
- Any vehicles in display must have less than ¼ tank of gas, tape over the gas cap, & one battery cable disconnected.
TO AVOID A CLEANING CHARGE, PLEASE LEAVE THE ROOMS CLEAN FOR THE NEXT GROUP:
- The floor must be vacuumed or swept (if needed).
- The correct number of tables & chairs are arranged in the room based on the diagram located in the room. Please take extras back to the storage room.
- The lights in the rooms and hallways must be turned off.
- Any cleaning products you may need (trash bags, vacuum, products to wipe down tables, etc) are located in the janitor’s closet at the end of the hallway next to the restrooms.
- Please wipe down any tables/chairs that need to be cleaned (food, crafts, etc).
Please be respectful of other events around you, keep noise levels down, and be considerate that you are all sharing the building with other user groups. Please leave the facility cleaner than how you found it.
Thank you for understanding the building policies!
Acknowledgment of Policies
By checking the box below and entering my name, I declare that I have read and understand the above policies and agree to comply with them. I will insure that the facility is not damaged in any manner by virtue of such use, and I understand that I am fully responsible for prompt repair in accordance with the County's instructions, at my sole expense, of any such damage that shall occur.